The mission of the Board of Director is to ensure that the mission and procedures of the society’s committees and taskforces are aligned to achieve the mission of the society (promote excellence of spine care in Saudi Arabia).
Chair: Dr. Sami Aleissa, the President of the Saudi Spine Society
- Dr. Suhail Bajammal, Deputy
- Dr. Khaled Almusrea
- Dr. Zayid Alzayid
- Dr. Marwan Alkishi
- Dr. Husam Alhabib
- Dr. Khaled Alassiri
- Dr. Ibraheem Alnaami
- Dr. Hanaa Alsobayel
- Dr. Mubarak Alqahtani.
- Meet physically and virtually
- Review and make decisions on board of directors recommendations.
- Review, approve and monitor the implementation of the society’s bylaws.
- Review and make decisions on different committees and taskforces reports and recommendations.
- Monitor the implementation of the strategic plan of the society by the different committees and taskforces.
- Monitor the performance of different committees and make necessary recommendations.
- Review the financial performance of the society on a regular basis: approves budget, review balance sheet.
- Discuss donations and sponsorships and make the appropriate decisions
- Maintains the internal communication channels with the members
- Maintains the external communication with the public through the social media channels.
- Prepares and conducts the General Assembly meeting.
- Approves the marketing & branding plan of the society.
Monitors and promotes all aspects of membership, including invitations, recruitment and retention.
Chair: Dr. Mubarak Algahtany
- Dr. Faisal Almazni, Deputy, In Charge of the physiotherapy and rehabilitation members.
- Dr. Fareed Asiri, In Charge of the Orthopedics members.
- Dr. Sultan Almuzhir, In charge of the radiology members.
- Mrs. Mushiel Aleliani, In Charge of the nursing members.
- Dr. Abdulla Alghamdi, In Charge of Anasthesia.
Committee head via his presence in the SSS board of directors will:
- Ensure that the SSS reflects the diverse professions of spine care professionals.
- Decide on membership fees, registration process, methods of payment, membership benefits and methods of recognition of active members.
- Each member of the membership committee will make sure that members he is in charge of are informed, involved, and recognized for their contributions.
- The committee will generate a list of all spine care providers in Saudi Arabia benefiting from the available database including the future list developed by section development committee.
- Reach all prospective members via emails, messages, social media, phone calls and peer to peer recruitment and retention campaign led by volunteer members.
- Process applications and issue membership cards and insure access to membership benefits.
We promote the highest scientific and ethical standards in continuous professional development of the spine practitioners aiming to improve the spine health & practice in Saudi Arabia through implementing innovative learning methodologies and principles of education.
Chair: Dr. Khalid Al-Assiri
- Dr. Abdulwahid Barnawi
- Dr. Mahdi Basi
- Dr. Khaled Alghamdi
- Dr. Shadi Shehatah
- Dr. Rizq Alamri
- Dr. Abdulaziz Hazazi
- Dr. Faisal Al Mubarak
- Conduct & analyze training needs assessment of the SSS
- Initiation, discussion and decision making for new educational proposals
- Conduction of the approved educational proposals:
- planning: objectives, date, duration, venue, target audience
- formation of committees:
- scientific: program, faculty, CME claims
- marketing (announcements, webpage, posters, brochures, social media, emails)
- logistics (venue, A/V, catering, registration, transportation & accommodation for faculty)
- execution of the event
- evaluation of the event: during the course & after the course
- Conduction of the approved educational proposals:
- action plan & future recommendation
- Ensuring the highest quality of trainers & faculty by continuous evaluation and improvement.
- Monitor the quality of the Regional Chapters Regular Scientific Meetings (Spine Clubs)
- Conduction of special educational events in collaboration with other national & international societies upon the Board of Directors agreement.
- Coordinate with the Annual Conference Scientific Committee for the conduction of the conference workshops.
- Planning, announcing, selecting, facilitating, and monitoring “SSS traveling fellowships”
This policy is meant to guide the annual conference chairman; organizing, scientific committee, and any other established committee in regards the major outlines, objectives and the framework of SSS annual conference.
Chair: Dr. Hussam Alhabib
- The chairman of the SSS annual conference committee should be appointed by the SSS board of directors for 3 years and should be member of the SSS board of directors. Exemption could be applied
- The chairman of the SSS annual conference committee should design the SSS annual conference policy and procedure and the policy has to be approved by the board of directors.
- The chairman of the SSS annual conference committee should initiate and supervise to ensure following the policy and procedure of the SSS by the conference president and other committee’s chairmen, in this regard, he should be member in the organizing and scientific committees of the conference.
- The chairman of the SSS annual conference committee should report to the SSS board of directors any misconducted or delay in the conference organization
- This conference is to be on annual basis on a fixed Month, based on Gregorian calendar to ease communication with local or international guests, participants, local or international societies or any other individuals or organization interested in spine care.
- The conference has to cover the topics that are directly or indirectly related to the spine care, keeping in mind, the wide spectrum of all specialties that are involved in spine care, which include and not limited to spine surgery, rehabilitation, physiotherapy, radiology, anesthesia, chiropractic, nursing and others.
- The conference is to be structured over 3 days period, 1st day is for the pre-conference workshops and courses. Followed by 2 days for scientific activities, preferable to be on weekend if possible.
- The chairman of the SSS committee should initiate the process in SSS board of directors by starting the process of choosing the conference president and the conference city.
- The president of the conference could be SSS board member or SSS member and could be nominated or appointed and approved by the SSS board of directors
- The conference president should form an organizing committee and he should chair this committee
- Members of this committee does not need to be approved by the SSS board of directors
- The organizing committee is responsible of all the organization related issues including finance.
- The president of the conference should choose scientific committee chairman and need to be approved by the SSS board of directors
- The scientific committee chairman should form the scientific committee and members need to be approved by the SSS board of directors
- If the chairman of the conference committee finds misconducted, conflict of interest or other issues in one of the members these committees which may harm the conference, this should be reported to conference president then to the board of directors if the issue is not resolved by the conference president
- Members of these committees are not necessary to be from the SSS board, however, at least one member of the board has to be in each committee to ease communication with the board.
- The conference president and committees has to update the SSS president every three months on the progression of their work.
- The conference president and committee’s members have to adhere to regulations of government of Saudi Arabia in all conference logistics.
- The president of the conference has the right to choose organizing company to help him and it depend on the conference financial status.
- The contract with the organizing company is to be agreed upon and approved by the SSS board and conference president has valid vote in decision making of this matter
- The fund of the conference is to be decided by the SSS board based on financial circumstances on annual bases
- The conference has to be hosted in different cities in Saudi Arabia and the president has to be from the same city to ease communication
Research committee improve spine care in Saudi Arabia by promoting the culture of research among the SSS members through building the members’ research capacity and providing professional support for the members to design, conduct, and publish spine – related research
Chair: Dr. Hana Alsebayyl
- Dr. Sohail Bajammal
- Dr. Faisal Jahangeri
- Dr. Anouar Borghali
- Dr. Husam Aljohani
- Establish and monitor annual research mini-grants for members
- Establish and maintain web-based database of active researches and their interests and research clusters.
- Establish annual research awards
- Establish and maintain and updated database “volunteer research assistants” in collaboration with the volunteers’ affairs unit; as well as engaging them with active researchers in the society
- Serves as the reference for evidence based content of awareness materials and responses to public inquires
- Provide support through discounted contracted “statistical, editorial and proofreading services” for members
- Collaboration with the “CPD Committee” in the scientific content of research methodology and evidence-based practice courses
- Collaborate with the “CPD Committee” and “International Collaboration Coordinator” for the planning, announcement, selection, facilitation and monitoring of research fellowship
- Participate through representative(s) in annual conference scientific Committee for the abstracts announcement, selection criteria, peer reviewing and selection
- Develop the SSS Clinical practice guidelines: prioritize, adoption / adaptation methodology, CPG development panel assembly & development, production, publishing, promotion, implementation and evaluation.
- Establish the ” Saudi Spine Registry” (Long term, possible separate entity)
- Establish the “Saudi Spine Journal” (Long term, possible separate entity)
- Collaboration with a Saudi university to establish a research chair in a spine – related field
To develop Saudi spine society sections and coordinate with various committees.
- Chairman of the committee could be appointed by the SSS board, self nomination or nominated by any other SSS members and approved by the SSS board of directors
- Head of sections to be chosen by the committee chairman and approved by the SSS board of directors
- The head of the section should form a group of 4-6 members and to be approved by the committee chairman
- 2 years duration
- The committee task is
- To draw sections strategic planning
- Coordinate with society committees including research, CPD, membership ,public and other committees
- Chairman, head and members of the sections could be changed any time during the two years assignment if any one failed to comply with his duty and should be approved by the SSS board of directors
- Maximum appointment for the chairman and section heads two rotations and members 3 rotations
- The sections are monitored by the following Kpi
- One course /2years
- One research / 2year
- One guide line /year
- Active participation in the annual Saudi spine conference / yearly
Chair: Dr. Ibrahim Alnaami
Tasks and projects:
- Social Media Sites for SSS Establishment
- Blog Sites for SSS Establishment
- Spine Public Education Website Establishment
- Educational Brochures
- Educational Info Graphics
- Educational Motion Graphics
- Educational Videos
- Spinal Cord Injury Campaign
- Scoliosis Awareness Campaign
- Heath of Your Back Campaign
- World Osteoporosis Awareness Day Participation
- World Cancer Awareness Day Participation
- World Arthritis Awareness Day Participation
- Mobile Phone SSS Application